Yogurt is another great way to get beneficial bacteria into your gut.
This is a easy-peasy way of making coconut yogurt! I know that using fresh ingredients is the way to go, but I'm a busy working mom of three and sometimes, I don't have time or the ENERGY to crack open a coconut! I need to make my food with ease and simplicity. I do my best to find the next best thing, and that's where using the organic, unpasteurized coconut meat and coconut water from feedingchange.me comes in. No guilt, because to me, it tastes as fresh and delicious as if it came right out of the coconut...we want ease right! This makes a lovely, creamy yogurt and it tastes so much better than store bought coconut or dairy yogurt. I believe that what one person can do anyone can do- if you break it down into small enough chunks or steps. So read the whole recipe, take a nice relaxing breath, follow the steps and give it a go!
- Organic, unpasteurized Coconut meat ~ I like to use a brand called feedingchange.me, it can be found at Whole foods
- Organic, unpasteurized Coconut water ~ again I use feedingchange.me
- 2 probiotic capsules or a yogurt starter www.customprobiotics.com is a great source for ordering a yogurt starter or your health store will carry one
- Vitamix or Blender
- Bowl that will fit and hold a rubber band, to secure the Cheesecloth
- rubber band/elastic
- Open the bag of coconut meat and pour into the Vitamix/blender
- Add 1 cup of coconut water a little less or a little more depending on how thick you like your yogurt into the Vitamix/blender
- Blend for about 2 minutes or until you see a nice creamy consistency, the blender will heat the coconut to a nice temperature. The bacteria in the probiotic capsules will thrive in the warmth of the mixture
- Pour the coconut mixture into a bowl that will fit and hold a rubber band, to secure the Cheesecloth
- Add the 2 probiotic capsules to the coconut mixtures and mix in using the spatula
- Cover with cheesecloth and secure with the rubber band
- Leave on the counter or warm dry place for 24 hours
Enjoy your yogurt with a little honey and granola!
- Yummy, healthy recipes using coconut yogurt, that will give your hormonal health a boost.